Author Topic: The end of a short era  (Read 482 times)

Itsme

The end of a short era
« on: June 18, 2024, 06:56:08 PM »
Hi there

I have finally decided to replace Newzuki (250 Inazuma) so have bought a Royal Enfield 350 Classic Reborn in Halcyon Green. The bike is 18 months old but only has 525 miles on the clock as the guy who owned it originally couldn't ride it due to his arthritis getting really bad. The dealer selling it sold it originally and carried out the 1st service.

I am picking it up on Friday and can't wait. I will be selling Newzuki and eventually The Mighty Midget as one bike will be enough.

Ian

Moto63

Re: The end of a short era
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2024, 07:19:38 PM »
Excellent news Ian. I know you have had a couple of Enfield’s in the past so I’m sure you’ll be confident of getting on with it from the get go. Hope you have many happy S’miles on it 🤞👍
Keep us posted upon it’s arrival
Cheers, Michael

iansoady

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2024, 09:41:03 AM »
Sounds good Ian, hope you gel with the Enfield more thanyou have with the newzuki.
Ian.
1964 Norton Electra
1969 BSA-Suzuki
1992 Yamaha SRV250

Itsme

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2024, 01:03:50 PM »
Thank you gentlemen both for your kind wishes. Although I have settled a bit with Newzuki I am really looking forward to the slow revving laziness of a thumper again as I have found an engine that likes 8000 rpm or more a little frenzied for my liking. What made me make the final decision was a trip on Sunday of 70 or 80 miles following a mate of mine on his Honda at what we shall call 'a spirited pace'. When I got home I felt frazzled from the high pitched buzz coming from a high revving engine for a sustained time. I decided there and then I needed something more relaxing.

I have indeed had 2 previous Enfields and although the early semi-unit 350 was best described as basic I did like my 500efi which is one of those bikes I should never have got rid of, sometimes you really don't know what you've got 'til its gone.

I have promised my wife faithfully that there will be no modifications, but...........

Ian

kevberlin

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2024, 08:16:17 PM »
Ian,
Enjoy your new 350 reborn. They are supremely comfortable and friendly bikes to ride. My son now owns mine.
The engine is very sweet and the gearbox is the best I’ve ever had on a bike. Perfect for gently soaking up the miles.
All the best,
Kev
1983 Honda CB250RS
2023 BMW G310GS
2005 Honda CBF250

Itsme

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2024, 08:36:15 PM »
Thanks Kev I appreciate the review and that is exactly what I'm looking for.

Ian

CrazyFrog

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2024, 05:48:32 PM »
Great, I'm sure you'll love it Ian! 👍
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Itsme

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2024, 09:43:31 PM »
I really do Pete. I picked the Enfield up yesterday and just love being back on a thumper, I have missed the lazy pull of a single. I have done about 250 miles since yesterday, helped along by excellent weather and a visit to Cadwell Park today for Suzuki Live which was a bit of a disappointment. The ride there and back was great but there wasn't much going on there.

Looking forward to lots more thumping.

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2024, 07:59:54 PM »
Evening Ian (and everyone else that’s logging in 😉) Myself and big bro where up at Masham this morning on our ride out and came across a very distinctive light blue’ish coloured 350 classic Enfield.
Turns out it’s a new factory colour called halcyon blue. Looked cool. I’d literally just been telling big bro how you’d bought one in green when it pulled up. Hopefully you’re managing to get out on yours and still enjoying it 🤞
Cheers, Michael

Itsme

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2024, 07:18:18 AM »
Hi Michael (ditto to all others)

I am loving my new Enfield thanks, it's the best one I've had yet, Enfield seem to have learned with each new model they have made and the engine, handling etc on this one are really up to a modern standard. I have been out on it nearly every day since I bought it and have over 500 miles added to the original 500 so it is freeing up nicely.

I think Enfield are doing a lovely job with new colours and designs. My mate who owns a Meteor went on a road test of the new Shotgun 650 and loved it so much he is thinking of trading in his Meteor for one. He even briefly mentioned selling his Harley, but I can;t see that happening.

Enjoy the summery days when they happen.

Ian

kevberlin

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2024, 08:52:05 AM »
Nice one Ian. Good to hear you are pleased with the Enfield.
I found my bike felt much better once the 1200 mile ( I seem to recall) running in period was completed..
One of the nice additions I added were the adjustable levers bought from Hitchcocks. They are much nicer to use and look at than the standard Enfield levers. May be worth checking them out unless already fitted.
Enjoy.
Kev
1983 Honda CB250RS
2023 BMW G310GS
2005 Honda CBF250

Itsme

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2024, 05:33:56 PM »
Hi Kev

No I haven't fitted the adjustable levers yet, but thanks for the tip I will have a look at those. I used to use Hitchcocks for stuff for my other Enfields and found their things to be well made.

Ian